Church Lench CE First school fully recognises its responsibilities for safeguarding children. Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.
There are 6 main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children;
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe;
- Efficiently implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse;
- Supporting pupils who have been identified as in need of early help, at risk of harm or have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed individual plan (Child Protection, Child in Need or Early Help);
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
- Ensure all staff are continually updated on a regular basis with new policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations to ensure their knowledge and understanding of safeguarding is robust. DSL/ DDSLs attend relevant and updated training in all areas of safeguarding on a regular basis.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is the Head Teacher Mrs S Price
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs H Pratley
Our policy can be found in our policy section of the website