Church Lench CE First school fully recognises its responsibilities for safeguarding children. Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.
There are five main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safer recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children;
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe;
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse;
- Supporting pupils who have been identified as in need of early help, at risk of harm or have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed individual plan (Child Protection, Child in Need or Early Help);
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is the Head Teacher Mrs S Price
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs H Pratley
Our policy can be found in our policy section of the website