Quality of Education
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
Progress and Outcomes
Exceptional teaching and learning to include:
1) Opportunities for answering big questions in all curriculum areas and encouraging courageous advocacy linked to important issues in the world.
2)Pupils to make links with other subjects whole class floor books to capture learning so they can discuss what they learn. Pupil voice to be explored and encouraged in all year groups.
3)Opportunities for high quality problem solving and reasoning in maths and other curriculum areas where mathematical links can be made.
4)Embedding high quality sequences of learning especially in writing
5)Teaching of whole class and guided reading is taught using a variety of ways to assess the skills of retrieval and inference.
6)Ensure curriculum coverage is working in all classes and that 2 year rolling programme is working and suitable for each class and that we have a broad and balanced curriculum.
7)Curriculum foundation subjects are assessed half termly or end of the teaching and learning and communicated to the subject leader who will monitor and record progress.
Behaviour, Attitudes, Welfare
1) Begin eco committee to work on school targets for resourcefulness and well being ...Bronze Flag
2) Embed the PSHE curriculum across all year groups and create a basic assessment format.
3) Start lunchtime clubs with experienced sports TA to develop health, fitness and wellbeing of all pupils and to introduce them to new sports.
4)Introduce playground games as a way of inclusion, fun and fitness using new signs for outdoors…staff to teach children games.
5)Ensure the teaching of resilience and perseverance which are key areas of our vision are continually planned for and that children are able to self-regulate and use strategies to help them in challenging circumstances.
6) Explore Pupil voice and encourage children to talk about their learning and school curriculum.
Leadership and Management